Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Home...*

where my thoughts escaping,

where my music’s playing,

where my love lies waiting, silently for me…

Where

  • I can put my feet up on the table and sink into the sofa with the remote in my hand
  • I don’t have to worry about who’s going to buy vegetables next
  • tea appears, unasked,at the exact moment when I want it
  • I can wear old rags that would not even make the cut as dishwashers…
  • I can take a book and be lost in it endlessly,without giving it a single thought
  • I am queen!
  • My favorite snack is always available at any time of day or night
  • All my precious photos are
  • I keep my 8th class slam book
  • I can browse through the book collection and have a flashback of the book’s contents even before I have opened it
  • I can go through the “Best of…” issues of mags as back as 1993
  • everyone calls me Hita
  • I want to be whenever I am ill
  • My computer is
  • I know where EVERYTHING is
  • My family is
  • I am most comfortable
  • I don’t give a second thought to what I am saying (I am not saying that is necessarily a good thing)
  • I argue the most
  • The only place where I could have written this piece
  • I am never lost
  • I have every possible resource available to me
  • I am safest
  • Most loved
  • I wish I could stay forever but know I never can
  • All the pajama parties are held
  • 2 AM philosophical discussions happen
  • I sing at the top of my voice
  • I am not embarrassed to sing out of tune
  • Where a guitar picks up the song in my head even before I start singing
  • I join in an impromptu duet after ten seconds into the first chord
  • Anything I cook is complimented and appreciated
  • I am myself, always…

* I wrote this on my long 3 month vacation before leaving for Stanford

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you sure when you hear 'Hita', they are not saying 'Hit her'... (with a Yorkshire accent of course)

;)

On a more serious note, some real thinking seems to have gone into that post! Keep up the good work.